Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse \(LPN\) \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Primary Care at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse \(LPN\) plays a vital role on the patient care team, demonstrating the Swedish values of patient\-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership\.
In this position you will:
- Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and the presenting problem
- Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor, administer approved medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular, or intradermal routes
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, calls in prescriptions to pharmacies and returns practitioners phone messages
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record
- Provide general health education within own level of expertise and as directed by practitioner and nurse supervisor, and assist in collecting and distributing patient education materials
- Arrange patient testing, referrals and/or hospital admission under direction of the provider
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing
- Registration with State of Washington as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation \(CPR\) certification
- Minimum one year experience in clinic setting
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Demonstrated literacy in the use of personal computers and Windows applications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
- Ability to analyze and problem\-solve
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- EPIC experience
- Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: 146395