Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Service Coordinator II, Licensed MA\-C \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Colorectal Surgery Clinic at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Patient Service Coordinator II, Licensed MA\-C provides support and clinic coordination of multiple patient care services and wide spectrum of clerical duties while promoting the goals and upholding the ideals of Swedish Medical Center in providing excellent care and experience for our diverse patient population\.
In this position you will:
- Room patients, take vital signs and document these in Epic, draw blood, and monitor and improve overall patient flow in clinic
- Schedule new patients, follow\-up appointments, subsequent treatments, and requested diagnostic tests
- Acquire insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations
- Prepare and maintain patient medical records and reconcile billing issues
- Answer multiple phone lines and triage phone calls
- Act as a professional liaison with patients, families and other departments
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of certified medical assisting program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation \(CPR\) Certification or ability to obtain within one month of hire
- Minimum of one year of medical assistant experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficiency in phlebotomy skills
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively and clearly in the English language
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two\-year college or technical school with emphasis in Health Care
- Knowledge of MS Word and Windows based applications and general office equipment
- Experience with Epic
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 150637