Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work for Interventional Radiology at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate and provide nursing care for patients undergoing procedures in the Interventional Lab
- Assist the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, either inpatient or outpatient
- Operate the Interventional Lab physiological monitoring equipment and data analysis system
- Operate radiographic equipment under the indirect supervision of a Radiology Technologist
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Equivalent of one\-year as a staff nurse in a critical care unit and/or in a lab that performs therapeutic and diagnostic cardiovascular / vascular imaging procedures
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience scrubbing, monitoring, and performing radiographic techniques in cardiovascular catheterization and/or interventional radiology lab
- Current ACLS certification
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Diagostic Imaging Nursing
Req ID: 142599