Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Material Distribution Tech \(0\.6 FTE, Day shift\) in the Materials Service Center at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
We are seeking a detail\-oriented individual to perform all receiving and shipping functions of materials and freight of the hospital\. This position involves regular interaction and correspondence with internal and external customers, including co\-workers, other Swedish employees, patients, visitors, representatives from other hospitals and various vendors\. Surgical Services employees may float in all departments within Surgical Services
In this position you will:
- Conduct physical inventory of supply areas, such as patient care and ancillary areas
- Utilize the Material Management System to enter data and generate pick tickets
- Pick items listed on the pick tickets
- Deliver and stock materials in the various supply areas
- Stock material from warehouse to clean distribution areas
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- One year of recent inventory systems, receiving, warehousing and /or supply distribution using a computerized Materials Management Information System in a perpetual inventory system
- Must possess the functional skills of typing, use of computers, computer software, as well as the ability to learn other software applications necessary in the performance of essential duties and functions
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language is required
- Knowledge of general office equipment, such as fax machines, copy machines and printers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical terminology training
- Courses in inventory and supply distribution management
- Experience in healthcare environment
- Basic knowledge of receiving and shipping principles
- Experience with material handling equipment \(hand trucks, pallet jack, etc\.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Materials Management
Req ID: 149563