Providence is calling a Vascular Imaging Technologist (Vascular Institute, Variable Shift, On Call) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position Details: This is an on-call position (0.0FTE). The Vascular Imaging Labs are open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. No weekend coverage. Hours will vary based on the needs of the labs.
In this position you will:
- Clearly develop and present exam and related patient information to reading physician for interpretation.
- Record scans for permanent record.
- Assure an adequate clinical history is available which correlates with exam being performed.
- Routinely prepare exams for interpretation to include: correct identification and labeling of images, adequate clinical history, proper charging and consistently obtains previous exams for comparison.
- Adjust equipment to achieve optimal resolution.
- Maintain awareness of patient status and take appropriate actions to meet their needs.
- Provide preliminary report of vascular exams per existing reporting policy and protocol.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an approved medical program, with a minimum of an Associate degree with a field of study in Medical Imaging Technology, Vascular Technology, Nursing
- Registered in Vascular Technology (R.V.T.) or registry eligible (registration within six (6) months of hire date), by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification at time of hire or within 90 days
- Expert knowledge of vascular anatomy and physiology ability to obtain adequate images/documentation in previous work environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree with a field of study in Vascular Technology, Biology, Anatomy, or related field
- Previous experience working in a clinical or ambulatory setting
- Computer knowledge for I.C.A.V.L. accreditation forms and re-accreditation applications
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 146545