Providence is calling a Dietary Assistant (Supplemental, On-Call, 0.0FTE) to Providence St. Joseph Care Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Have phone communication with patients regarding meal preferences and diets.
- Assist the clinical dietitian and diet technicians in planning menus and food production.
- Accurately calculate therapeutic diet restrictions.
- Check the accuracy of patient trays at mealtimes.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Food Handlers Card in Washington State
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent (General Equivalency Degree (GED) or four years of direct experience)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Institutional food service experience
- Customer service experience
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Care Center in Spokane, Washington is located on the campus of Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 146815