Providence is calling a Distribution Clerk II to Providence Health & Services in Spokane, WA.
In this position you will:
- Secure storage of supplies; delivery, issue, and receipt of supplies, mobile medical equipment, and linens.
- Respond promptly and pleasantly to customer requests.
- Call appropriate vendors for rental equipment, when needed, and ensure complete tracking from receipt to unit delivery.
- Collect, sort, and appropriate disposal of recyclable materials and protected health information.
- Conduct accurate inventory counts and data entry utilizing current department technological tools.
- Identify damaged or outdated supplies and remove them from inventory, deliver them to the Supervisor or Inventory Control Specialist.
- Maintain fiscal accountability through constant vigilance.
- Remove all external shipping and packing materials from supplies and dispose of those materials promptly and appropriately.
- Maintain cleanliness of all work areas; serve as Acting Coordinator, when assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Work is active, requires constant lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs., frequent lifting and carrying up to 24 lbs., occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., and rarely carrying over 50 lbs.
- Requires long periods of standing and walking, as well as occasional sitting. Reach above shoulder height, twisting, stooping, bending, squatting, kneeling, and frequent pushing and pulling to carry out duties of the job.
- Finger and hand dexterity is very important; must be adequate to handle delicate and specialty instruments.
- Hearing and vision acuity adequate to follow directions.
- Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Able to communicate fluently (speaking and writing) using the English language.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One-year experience in Central Services.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Materials Management
Req ID: 149560