Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist (OT) (Home Health, Day Shift, 0.60 FTE) to Providence Home Services in King County, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide in-home treatment to patients to promote health, prevent injury or disability, and achieve the highest possible level of independence.
- Provide initial patient evaluation in accordance to physician request in order to initiate appropriate treatment, which is reasonable in the terms of accepted practice and necessary to recovery of function.
- Establish treatment goals and plan of care as well as provide treatment to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Provide education to patients and their families.
- Need to have proficient use of software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
- Use critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and your ability to make independent decisions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from an institution approved by the state board in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Current Washington State Occupational Therapist License
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current Washington State driver's license and access to daily use of an insured, reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
- Proof of current auto insurance
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year therapy experience with adult physical disabilities
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Home Services is a not-for-profit, home health ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout King County in Washington state. We provide skilled nursing and therapy for patients who are recovering from or living with an acute or chronic illness. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, chaplains, occupational/physical/speech therapists, medical directors, and volunteers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 149139