As an assistant to the Department Manager, the Exercise-Fitness Tech assumes responsibility for the constant supervision of the exercise floor and response to the needs of the members and guests exercising in this area.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Monitors members and guests as they exercise to ensure proper use of equipment and to enforce all rules and regulations that apply to the exercise floor.
3. Willingly assists all customers in the safe and effective operation of all exercise equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, spotting and demonstrating proper use of equipment. NOTE: If specific questions relating to exercise are asked, the associate will direct the member/guest to the first available Exercise Specialist.
4. When the need arises, will assume responsibility for performing Front Desk operations. This includes, but is not limited to, courteously answering the phone, checking members and guests into the Center and receiving the logging payments.
5. Willingly performs miscellaneous duties that are necessary for the smooth and effective operation of the Center. Such tasks are to assure that towels are stored properly, that towel dispensers are emptied routinely and that the Gatorade coolers are refilled when necessary.