Additional duties in addition to those mentioned previously:
* Seeing patients in an outpatient and inpatient setting
* Performing surgery
* Quality improvement initiative
* Teaching residents and medical students as required
Work Schedule: Daily schedule based on service needs - TBD - Weekday, Weekend and Holiday call.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- American Board eligibility in Vascular Surgery
- Fellowship training in Vascular Surgery
- Training and experience in diagnostic angiography, traditional open vascular surgery techniques, and minimally invasive and catheter based interventional techniques
- The selected candidate will be board certified or board eligible in Vascular Surgery.
- Experience with ACGME is preferred
- American Board Certification in Vascular Surgery
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting, 15-44 pounds; light carrying (under 15 pounds); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking 6 hours; standing 6 hours; both eyes required; depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing (aid permitted); mental and emotional stability; sitting 8 hours.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
1. OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, available at: http://www.opm.gov/pdf_fill/of306.pdf
2. Resume or CV
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s), which may not be required for all applicants:
1. 10-2850, Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrist and Chiropractors
2. Cover letter
4. Other Veteran documents
6. Notice of Personnel Action, (SF-50), from your Official Personnel Folder, noting current grade, salary, position title and tenure (if current or former Federal Employee). You must also include the SF-50 noting highest grade or highest previous rate. (Current CAVHS employees only: if your current SF-50 is not available through eOPF, you may contact your HR Specialist for assistance in getting a copy. However, a copy of your current SF-50 must be submitted with your application prior to the closing date of this announcement).
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1934965.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.