Duties: Duties are commensurate withCredentialing and Privileging and include EEG/ECGs, BOTOX, Clinical visits.
* Competitive salary and annual performance bonus
* Guaranteed salary increases!
* Robust benefits (see below) including traditional pension planin addition to a 401K-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions
* Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
* Call: Weekend shifts or telephone call from home are required. Shifts are rotated through the otherNeurologist staff.
*Work load: 10 - 15 patients/day
*Space arrangements: Dedicated office space on 7th floorand designated clinic space.
* CME benefits
*Support Staff: Residents, Nursing staff, and Administrativestaff.
* Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility.
* Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
* No Physician Employment Contract!
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Must be ABPN Board Eligible/Board Certified in Psychiatry/Neurology
- Must be American Heart Association Basic Life Saving (BLS)
- Must be registered with the Selective Service System if a male born January 1, 1960 or after.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Thephysicianshould be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position including examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan and educate residents. Physical activities include sitting, standing (up to4 hours)walking (up to 2 hours),heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. The incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable; and capable to perform the duties of the position.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(VA Form 10-2850 Physician Application)
The VA Physician Application (VA Form 10-2850) can be found at https://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1932089.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.