POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFFERRED AFTER REVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS. ** Not permitted to hire non-US citizens when there are qualified US citizens available. For this reason CVs must clearly identify citizenship-immigration status. Applications from H1, J1 visa holders will be reviewed and considered.
1. General Description:
(A complete Functional statement is available upon request)
The Fargo VA Health Care System isrecruiting for a Primary Care Physician to provide care to veteransunder thePrimary and Specialty Medicine Service Line. Incumbent will perform duties as a Primary Care "Gap" Provider in the outpatient setting. A primary objective of the Primary Care/Specialty Medicine Service Line is to mentor and lead competent, satisfied staff dedicated to providing high quality patient-centered care at the Fargo VA Health Care System (FVAHCS). Care will be provided primarily via Telemedicine to patients in the Community Based Outpatient Clinics and/or Fargo as dictated by the staffing needs of the Service Line.
A primary objective of the Primary Care/Specialty Medicine Service Line is to mentor and lead competent, satisfied staff dedicated to providing high quality patient-centered care at the Fargo VA Health Care System (FVAHCS).
Duties of the provider:
* Typical work hours are Monday to Friday 8-4:30 PM. Alternative work hours, if desired, should be agreed upon at the time of joining. Each full time provider is required to work a minimum of 80 hrs per pay period (every two weeks) unless on leave status.
* Providers, when assigned to outpatients duties, will be responsible for management of scheduled and unscheduled patients in the outpatient clinics. Primary providers in the clinics are typically assigned a panel of patients to manage. Panel size at this time is determined by utilizing VHA PCMM software. Panel size is determined at the National level, through a complex formula which extracts local information regarding acuity of assigned patients, available support staff, number of exam rooms, etc. Each provider's panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
* Physicians may be assigned duty as a supervising or collaborating physician for a mid-level provider. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and review. Supervising or collaborating responsibilities and performance will be noted in the physician's performance evaluation.
* Providers are expected to act as "surrogates" for the patient's of their colleagues, when one or more of their colleagues are on leave.
* During the course of employment, participation in activities/committees/boards/projects pertinent to the provider's background may be necessary as dictated by strategic or other initiatives/taskings.
* All providers will followdepartmental and VHA policies for leave and attendance and will work within Title 38 appointment guidelines. Leave should be requested with as muchadvanced notice aspossible to minimize disruption to patient care services and will be approved based on departmental policies. All unscheduled absences must be properlycommunicated.
* Timely documentation is necessary in all areas in accordance with departmental policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion. Clinical reminders should be addressed as medically appropriate.Quality of care should meet or exceedprofessional standards at all times.
* All Medical Staff are expected to comply with CPRS Computer Security and Privacy Act Statements. All providers must complete all annual required training as determined by VHA or Medical Center Policy. All providers are to adhere to OPM (Office of Personnel Management), VHA, Medical Staff By-Laws, and VHA/Medical Center policies and regulations.
Service: Works effectively within a team environment contributing to the effectiveness of the team to deliver safe, cost effective, quality, timely, and patient focused care. Basic Requirements:
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Board certification or possess equivalent training and experience. "Prior experience with Telemedicinecare is preferred".
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements:?,
Heavy lifting and carrying (45 lbs. and over); straight pulling and pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; walking and standing (up to 4 hours); repeated bending; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; hearing (aid permitted). All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(all documents except ECQs)
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1914282.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.