Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00a-4:30p
Functional Statement Title/#: Staff Psychiatrist (ATS)
This functional statement establishes the Quality Management guidelines for the position of Staff Psychiatrist with expertise in addiction disorders in residential and outpatient settings. The functional statement covers Addiction Treatment Services (ATS) Psychiatrists located at the Foundation for Recovery Program, Domiciliary, and Addiction Consultation and Treatment Team at the Menlo Park and Palo Alto Divisions of the VAPAHCS.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Performing psychiatric evaluations and risk assessments. Creates and implements treatment plans which include behavioral and pharmacological interventions.
- Evaluation of patients in outpatient mental health clinics and residential treatment programs.
- Establishing an environment conducive to accountable, professional practice, treating all employees in a fair, objective manner.
- Demonstrating leadership skills in design and implementation of programs. Demonstrate ability to have managerial experience in directing clinical staff, students and other programmatic responsibilities.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree: Degreeof doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency: Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- English Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Physical Requirements: This position requires: light lifting, under 15 pounds; light carrying, under 15 pounds; use of fingers and both hands required; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; both eyes required.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document(s):
*Resume/CV (Required for ALL Applicants)
Applicants are not required, but highly encouraged to submit the following document:
*Non-Award SF-50 (VA, other Federal Employees, and Reinstatement eligible
*OF-306 Declaration For Federal Employment https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf(Required if selected)
*VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists and Chiropractors (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf (Required if selected)
*Copy of Transcripts (Official transcripts will be required if selected)
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1939490.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.