A national leader in long term acute care, transitional care, and home-based care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Corporate Director of Safety and Risk Management.
General Summary: Under the direction of the Corporate Vice President of Quality Management (VPQM), the Corporate Director of Safety & Risk Management is responsible for the development and monitoring of system-wide risk management, patient and employee safety programs. This position will also support Accreditation & Regulatory Compliance program projects, as assigned. The position provides support to hospital staff engaged in these program activities.
- Plan, manage and evaluate activities related to the development and execution of risk management and patient safety initiatives and programs, which includes recommending and implementing measures to mitigate risk and maintain compliance with applicable rules, regulations and policies. Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures to promote risk reduction, maintain accreditation and regulatory compliance, and introduce systemic improvements.
- Generate, analyze and investigate reports including incidents, audits & quality data to identify trends, develop "lessons learned" and make recommendations about systemic improvements to reduce future risk to the company and increase patient safety and quality of care.
- Keep abreast of applicable standards, rules, regulations, changing demographics and industry trends impacting assigned functions, as well as organizational initiatives and changes with potential for impacting current strategies and programs.
- Educate, train, advise and coach hospital staff on applicable rules, regulations, procedures, work instructions and proactive and reactive risk management techniques (e.g. RCA2, FMEA). Evaluate and provide coaching on the development and implementation of appropriate action plans to improve and sustain improvements.
- Contribute to the development of annual quality & patient safety plans, evaluations, and annual reports.
- Provide guidance and assistance to facility staff as needed to write and submit Plans of Correction for state and federal citations of non-compliance to regulations or accreditation standards by established deadlines.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients and customers, served by the department.
- Adhere to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.Routine business hours are typical, but occasional work outside of normal business hours may be required.Limited business travel may be required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.