Providence is calling a Monitor Technician (Per Diem/Variable Shift) to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide clerical and administrative support, admitting activities, and insurance verification in the Post Critical Care and Telemetry units.
- Be responsible for observing the monitors, running and measuring the telemetry strips, and reporting significant dysrhythmias to the nurse.
- Identify and report potential and actual risk management issues to appropriate personnel
- Answer call lights and ensure that patient needs are reported to the appropriate personnel.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Completed and passed basic EKG class
- Completed and passed a basic Dysrhythmia class
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum two (2) years previous Patient Administrative Assistant/Monitor Tech experience
- Basic computer skills
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 149606