Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Registered Nurse and Mechanical Circulatory Support Coordinator \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in the Heart and Vascular Clinic at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Clinic Registered Nurse works under the direction of the Clinic Nursing Supervisor or Clinic Manager to provide basic patient care to assigned patients in a given specialty\.
In this position you will:
- Will work with patients who are supported with a variety of mechanical circulatory support devices including, but not limited to: Impella, Tandemheart, ECMO, Centrimag and durable LVAD devices
- Work collaboratively with members of the team in the development of the mechanical circulatory support program
- Systematically and continuously collect and assess data in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to provide therapeutic care for the patient and/or family as well as for program development\.
- Participate in the development of institutional guidelines, policies and procedures for mechanical support devices
- Participate in the maintenance of database registries for all mechanical circulatory support devices
- Participate in achievement and maintenance of regulatory agency certifications for the mechanical support program
- Active member of a multidisciplinary team that collaborates to coordinate a comprehensive plan of care for mechanical circulatory support patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Help to establish goals and strategies to meet discharge or continuing care needs of the mechanical circulatory support patient, family and/or care provider
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school of registered nursing
- Current Washington State RN license
- CPR certification
- Current BLS certification required or to be obtained at clinic expense within one month of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ACLS certification preferred
- Three years of nursing experience in a clinical setting
- Previous experience with mechanical circulatory support
- Previous heart failure experience
- IV and central line management skills desirable
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records \(EMR\)
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 144946