Providence is calling a Customer Service Representative ( Temporary Full Time / Day Shift )to our Facey Credit and Collection location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Serve as the centralized patient account liaison handling all internal and external patient calls into the Business Office.
- Be responsible for setting up budget plans, applications for charity care or alternative sources of payment from patients.
- Be responsible for researching and handling patient billing concerns, inquiries, rebilling and resolving patient complaints.
- Perform patient/insurance demographic updates and verification of benefits and co-payments.
- Assign uncollectible accounts to Pre-Collection for Collectors to process within the collection guidelines.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Two to three years of medical group practice or hospital billing and/or collections experience.
- Working knowledge of insurances -- HMO, PPO, EPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Indemnity, Workers' Compensation.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills along with good math skills, ability to read, understand and follow verbal or written instructions
- Ability to sort and file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Type 40-50 wpm; 10-key by touch.
- Computer skills (Mainframe and Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to navigate Health Plan Websites.
- Working knowledge of computerized registration, billing and collection procedures.
- Familiarity with ICD-9 and CPT coding.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 152026