Providence is calling a Surgical Oncology Fellow I ( Full time / Variable Shift ) to Providence John Wayne Cancer Institute Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- John Wayne Cancer institute offers a two-year senior clinical fellowship in surgical oncology, with the potential third year in basic science research to qualified candidates.
- The program's objective is to establish a strong foundation for a career in academic surgical oncology, thus assuring that the graduate trainee is fully prepared to assume independent research and clinical cancer care.
- The overall thrust of the program is the development of clinical and operative skills in surgical oncology, with emphasis on complex surgical procedures for the difficult problems that are seen in a tertiary referral center.
- An understanding of the basic principles of surgical pathology, medical oncology and radiation oncology, as well as an appreciation for research and academic endeavors in surgical oncology are highlighted.
- The clinical experience is diverse, extensive and includes all aspects of cancer surgery.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Board eligible in general surgery
- Eligible for California medical license
About the hospital you will serve:
The John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John's Health Center is a cancer research institute dedicated to the understanding and curing of cancer in order to eliminate patient suffering worldwide. The Institute's mission is accomplished by conducting innovative research focused on biological mechanisms to provide new understandings of the cause, diagnosis, control, and cure of cancer; training the next generation of surgical scientists who study and treat cancer; and researching unique experimental treatment services to rapidly develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy in order to improve the quality of life and expected survival of those afflicted with cancer.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Research
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 151516