We are seeking a BC pediatric emergency medicine physician to be the Medical Director for a thriving practice at Sunrise Children’s Hospital, the state’s only tertiary-care children’s facility. Our practice has been affiliated with the Hospital since 1997. The hospital is the premier provider of children’s services and the leading regional referral center servicing Nevada, Arizona, Utah and California.
- With increasing volumes, the 20-bed pediatric emergency department evaluates close to 55,000 to 60,000 pediatric patients per year, has a busy trauma service and has 24/7 mid-level providers and scribe support.
- The 24-bed pediatric intensive care unit is covered in-house 24 hours per day by our affiliated pediatric intensivists.
- There is a full complement of pediatric subspecialty support including, cardiac surgery. There is also a pediatric hospitalist program as well as a neonatology program.
- There are teaching opportunities available with pediatric and family practice residents from the University Of Nevada School Of Medicine.
- For those looking for a smaller practice setting, opportunities are also available at a nearby community hospital with an eight bed pediatric emergency department and 15,000 annual visits.
Las Vegas offers a multitude of opportunities to live, work and play in one of the most magnificent entertainment centers in the world. The outdoor enthusiast can enjoy activities such as golfing, skiing, snowboarding and water sports. The area is home to 357 public schools along with over 40 large private schools. With a wide range of housing choices you will find the community that is perfect for you and your family -- from family-friendly neighborhoods, master-planned communities, high-rises, condominiums, and golf communities, urban and suburban options. Cost of living is affordable and there is no state income tax.
We offer top percentile compensation, performance bonuses and excellent benefits including:
- Health (choice of two PPO options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- Annual CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Stability in an organization with more than 35 years of healthcare industry experience
- Opportunities to participate alongside physicians in quality improvement initiatives