Responsible for the management of the day to day collections and recoveries for the self -pay inventory and call center operations for CHRISTUS Health/TLRA. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating team efforts toward a specific service deliveryfunctionof CHRISTUS Health/TLRA. The position provides coaching, feedback, and corrective action to TLRA Associates where needed. Responsible for assuring that standard process discipline is adhered to. Assures that high performance work team is developed through coaching, mentoring and daily shift briefings.
- Ethics and Values-- Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Personal Effectiveness - Translates strategies into specific objectives and actionable plans, ensures others have appropriate direction, authority and support to achieve goals, and stays focused; confident and positive in the face of set backs.
- Innovation and change - Champions new initiatives; challenges the status quo and acts as a catalyst for change, creates a climate that fosters personal commitment and excellence, and inspires others to continuously search for more effective and efficient ways to accomplish goals.
- Fostering Teamwork - Establishes open, candid and trusting relationships, provides timely, meaningful feedback to encourage improved performance, and recognizes and acknowledges good performance; confronts problem performers constructively
- Quality Services - Sets high standards for products and services to meet the expectations of patients/customers/coworkers, actively seeks feedback from internal and external customers to identify and act on opportunities for improvement, and active in fostering and adopting best practices
- Integrity - Builds trust through authenticity, accountability and follow-through on commitments, provides a model of principled, ethical leadership behavior, and does not compromise confidential information
REVENUE CYCLE BUSINESS SERVICES STANDARDS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Consistently supports the organizations Associate Satisfaction goals established by creating a positive work environment for our associates. Ensures departmental Associate Satisfaction goals are achieved annually.
- Manages a professional staff to ensure the financial goals & objectives are achieved monthly for each area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the review of performance metrics to achieve management by fact and management for results objectives:
- Identifies shortcomings in performance
- Uses analytical tools to execute root cause analysis and corrective action
- Assures daily team briefings, metrics tracking, and prompt resolution of issues, problems and opportunities.
- Generates enthusiasm and commitment among employees; fosters and reinforces team-based results.
- Provides continuous educational and coaching toward improvement.
- Fosters a High Performance Work Team Environment.
- Provides Mentoring and feedback for associates.
- Adheres to departmental standards to not make, take, or pass mistakes.
- Maintains the team discipline of following all elements of established standard processes (work management tools, standard operating procedures).
- Works with RCBS Associates to maintain a clean and orderly workplace and inventory.
- Supervises the work of TLRA employees by empowering, coaching, answering questions, giving guidance, and leading by example.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of state and federal laws. Ensures that current processes are reviewed and updated to meet regulatory requirements in the collection environment.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of all standard revenue cycle processes including billing, cash posting, refunds, and collection processes.
- Identifies possible trends or issues and provides possible solutions. Communicates and escalates information to Leadership and internal/external Customers.
- Monitors call center operations and dialer performance on a daily basis.
- Monitors collections and current inventory to identify areas for improvement and business needs.
- In coordination with the unit Manager, monitors and conducts performance reviews and provides feedback to team members. Works with team members to improve, track, and develop in areas of poor performance.
- Actively participates in TLRA projects and system upgrades.
- Proactively evaluates processes to identify progressive solutions.
- Ability to identify issues and determine appropriate levels of escalation.
- Communicate issues effectively and professionally to all levels within the organization.
- Evaluates key performances indicators to ensure they are meeting business needs.