Located in the scenic, historic and charming Southwest Colorado town of Durango, Mercy Regional Medical Center (MRMC) is a full-service, acute care hospital with Level III Trauma designation. Recognized by Healthgrades (a leading, independent health care ratings company) with awards for Outstanding Patient Experience and Patient Safety Excellence, as well as an “A” Hospital Safety rating from The LeapFrog Group, Mercy Regional Medical Center blends state-of-the-art technology with a serene and comfortable environment to promote well-being and healing. Specialty services include emergency care, surgical care, cardiac care, an Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence and a Family Birthing Center equipped with every amenity and a dedicated surgical suite. Durango residents experience an exceptional quality life with world-class outdoor recreation including snow sports, river sports, hiking, biking and more. Learn more about us at: http://www.mercydurango.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 103587
Recruiter Contact: Alison Williams, AlisonWilliams@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 7211 MRMC SURGERY
Hospital: MERCY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Schedule: Full Time
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN Preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One year experience preferred
- Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
- Successful completion of a perioperative training program or 1 year of experience in a multispecialty surgery department at a hospital, outpatient surgery center, or related procedural areas.
- CNOR preferred.
- Current Colorado RN license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association required upon hire or within 30 days
- Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.