The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Surgical Services Nurse Leader to be responsible for the operational aspects of care delivery to patients receiving hospital-based surgical services in Miami (10 Operating Rooms, PACU, Central Sterile Processing and Minor Procedure Rooms). Ensures delivery of high quality, safe and efficient care to patients and their families in accordance with regulatory standards. Maintains emphasis on patient experience and service excellence in all aspects of care. In collaboration with senior administration and nursing leadership, the Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the ongoing evaluation of nursing standards and the quality of care provided to surgical patients throughout the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute organization.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing is required; Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration is preferred.
- Current/valid State of Florida RN license and Healthcare Provider BLS Certification. PALS and ACLS recommended.
- Minimum five (5) years recent experience as an OR manager or director at an acute care hospital or ambulatory surgery center.
- National certification appropriate to the area of specialty is preferred.
- General experience at academic, multi-specialty institutions, with some knowledge of ophthalmology, is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Word and PowerPoint and familiarity with Excel.
Please note: This position is eligible for a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus and a relocation bonus if applicable.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
For immediate consideration, please apply online to position number 5441874 at www.careers.med.miami.edu.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.