• Must possess current California State issued Clinical Laboratory Science license.
• Technical knowledge of Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and POC processes and procedures as necessary within the scope of job responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement principles.
• Knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and patient confidentiality, privacy and security.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines (CLSI), College of American Pathologists requirements (CAP), and Joint Commission (JC) clinical laboratory regulations.
• Knowledge of laboratory and hospital information systems (LIS/EMR).
• Knowledge of operational requirements of lab analyzers, instruments and equipment.
• Teaching and communication skills necessary for interactions with CLS and MLT trainees, medical students, pathology residents, and physicians.
VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.