The Office of Research Integrity and Compliance in the Research Office is seeking applications for a Senior IACUC Coordinator. This position is responsible for assuring that the University maintains compliance with various federal regulations regarding animal research activities.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Support the effective and efficient operation of the Institutional Animal Care and Use services for WVU, including animal use application review, regulatory reporting, and record-keeping.
- Pre-review and advise investigators as needed when completing application submissions.
- Schedule and coordinate the IACUC meetings and establish the agenda and minutes for these meetings.
- Prepare extensive reports on research laws and issues (as they pertain to animals) to federal agencies, accrediting bodies and university officials.
- Participate in Post Approval Monitoring of research activities.
- Schedule and plan the semi-annual research facilities inspections program.
- Compile and finalize extensive semi-annual reports which are submitted to the Institutional Official.
- Develop and coordinate inter-institutional agreements for collaborative research with other universities.
- Work closely with the director, attending veterinarian and the IACUC chair in the implementation and maintenance of animal research policies, and the monitoring of compliance by the investigators with the regulations.
- Educate and train concerned and affected members of the University community who participate in or have reason to be knowledgeable of animal research policies and procedures.
- Research areas of programmatic importance in the area of animal-based studies, develop and implement training for IACUC members, animal users and other related personnel.
- Evaluate office efficiency and recommend improvements of office operations to the Director. Assist other ORIC office staff and administrators in their areas of specialization as agreed upon with the Director.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.