Centura Health Physician Group (CHPG) offers providers a true opportunity to live their calling to care while experiencing the support of a built-in comprehensive network, vast resources, professional growth, trusted leadership, generous benefits and an amazing quality of life with locations that span Colorado and into Western Kansas. CHPG is proud to connect providers and consumers through state-of-the-art technology, clinical resources and professional expertise to help people live healthier. Our coordinated services represent a full continuum of care – from preventive and early diagnoses to leading-edge treatment and life-saving critical care. CHPG’s ability to deliver better health care value is the direct result of combining the best clinical tools, shared resources and medical expertise with a patient-centered approach that emphasizes Centura Health’s mission and commitment to quality, compassion and service.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 96347
RECRUITER: Abigail Clothier, AbigailClothier@Centura.Org
DETAILS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
This is a senior level position with at least five (5) or more years’ experience in multiple specialties; coding both inpatient and outpatient professional fee services. Individuals in this position should also have experience working with physicians to provide training and education. Coding Auditor/Educator key duties include working with professional fee coding leadership and compliance to perform audits of provider documentation; education related to audit findings and/or new regulations and guidelines; staying current with reimbursement trends such as HCC/RAF; developing training materials and presenting to providers in individual or group settings.
Auditor/Educators must be familiar with reviewing documentation to assign appropriate CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 diagnosis codes, understand current professional fee coder workflows, and assist coders and revenue management associates with complex appeals. Auditor/Educators will work with clinic supervisors, assistant administrators, administrators, and/or providers to resolve coding issues and questions, following applicable payer rules and guidelines.
- High School Degree required; Associates degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree preferred
- Advanced coding knowledge for professional services to include ICD-9 and 10, CPT-4 , HCPCS and 1500 billing
- Anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology required
Work Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years experience in professional fee coding required.
- Experience with the electronic health record (EHR) and health care applications required. Epic experience preferred.
- Demonstrate advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication/writing skills.
- CPC or CCS-P and CPMA/CHCA required
- Additional specialty credentials preferred
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.