St. Anthony Summit Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center serviced by Flight For Life® Colorado and nationally recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction. We provide a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Summit County and the surrounding areas including Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Birth Center, Orthopedic, Breast Care, Digital Mammography, Breast MRI, Radiology and Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, Summit Sleep Disorders Center, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and Summit Spine Services. Located in the charming mountain community of Frisco, CO, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center has provided 30+ years of service to residents and the visitors who enjoy spending time in these world famous outdoor playgrounds. In addition, Summit Medical Center employs seasonal professionals (Nov. to April) to support Colorado’s nearby ski resorts with on-site urgent care during the busy winter months. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life year-round with walking/bike trails right outside your door, arts and music festivals, and of course skiing, snowboarding and every winter activity imaginable. For more about Summit Medical Center and life in Frisco, CO please visit http://www.summitmedicalcenter.org.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 103514
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 7275 SASMC STERILE PROCESSING
Hospital: SUMMIT HOSPITAL
Performs routine tasks relating to the decontamination, processing, sterilization, and distribution of instruments, equipment and sterile supplies. Responsible for general operating and monitoring of sterilization equipment. Maintains records in compliance with AAMI, AORN, Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Six months of experience, preferred
- Computer skills required
- Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, assembles, and wraps or packages supplies and instruments using proper techniques and procedures. Knowledge of how items to be sterilized should be packaged in a manner that promotes successful sterilization. Understands the recommended practices for cleaning and care of surgical instruments and powered equipment and the device manufacturer's validated and written instructions for use. Understands that devices labeled as single-use should not be reprocessed unless the FDA guideline for reprocessing of single-use devices can be met.
- Sterilizes supplies and instruments using the prescribed method (e.g. steam, gas plasma (Sterrad). Operates washer/decontaminator per department policy and procedure. Understands the basic principles of all sterilization equipment used in the department. Demonstrates knowledge of how items to be sterilized should be packaged in a manner that promotes successful sterilization. Follows manufacturer's recommendations (IFU's).
- Assures cleanliness of decontamination, sterilization, and equipment areas. Validates the proper functioning of all equipment using established mechanical and biological monitors. Assures that sterilized supplies and instruments are correctly labeled and stored in a manner to ensure sterility and understands that all storage areas are to be in compliance with any applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates technical skills needed to establish and maintain High-Level Disinfection (HLD) processes.
- Adheres to department procedures and acceptable protocols.
- Able to utilize features of computerized tray/instrument tracking system, if applicable.
- Applies knowledge of the dress code related to Standard Precautions and consistently wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Reports any life safety issues, environmental concerns or process deviation to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains a customer friendly rapport with peers and internal/external customers.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with others.
- Communicates appropriately and professionally with peers.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy.
- Records reflect work activity as prescribed by department policy.
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.