Littleton Adventist Hospital is a 231-bed, full-service medical center delivering quality care and Level II emergency care for more than 25 years. Located in the Denver suburb of Littleton, CO, the hospital is surrounded by residential neighborhoods, retail, dining, Littleton’s charming “old town” area, and abundant outdoor space with trails, nature centers and golf courses. In addition to numerous awards for care excellence, we are also leading the way in health care environmental sustainability. Our associates are actively engaged in protecting the health of our environment, working tirelessly to minimize the negative environmental impacts from our operations. Our sustainable achievements have been recognized with several local and national awards, including the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award from Practice Greenhealth for three consecutive years (2014- 2016). View this shor video to learn why our associates love working here and how our mission and culture help to create fulfilling careers: https://centura-21.wistia.com/medias/e0qve9d10v
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 103156
Clinic/Department: 7388 LAH RADIOLOGY SUPPORT
Hospital: LITTLETON ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Part Time
To assist the Medical Imaging staff and nursing staff by performing tasks related to the transport of patients and indirect patient care. To provide an effective method for the delivery of necessary supplies and items for continuous patient care.
- High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience, preferred.
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Supports medical imaging by transporting patients to and from the nursing units, quickly and efficiently assisting the patient in getting in and out of wheelchair and on or off the stretcher, responding to patients physical and emotional needs.
- Conducts rounds for the proper, timely delivery and pickup of various items such as supplies, records, specimens, x-rays, orders and equipment, if required.
- Maintains department stretchers, wheelchairs and oxygen cylinders in a clean and patient ready condition, notifying supervisors of any mechanical malfunctions. Collects and disposes of soiled linen properly.
- Promptly responds to stat calls and meets requests of clinical staff.
- Responds to calls regarding violent patients and assists in take down, if required.
- Remains accessible at all times and offers to help in order to alleviate heavy transitional work loads.
- Accurately reports any observed patients status change needs to Technologist or Nurse.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to be completed with assigned time frame.
- Performs all duties in a conscientious, courteous and caring manner to maintain positive customer relations.
- Measures and records patient’s weight as directed by nursing personnel if applicable.
- Completes transport form for all transporting of patients.
- Performs other duties as required.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.