The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Physician (Primary Care). The Physician (Primary Care) will function at thePainesville Outpatient Clinic within Community Outpatient Service. The Physician (Primary Care) will function in an expanding community outpatient care network. They will enjoy a multi-disciplinary team approach and provide patient care to our nation's Veterans within the outpatient clinics.
The tour of duty will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. though evening and weekend shifts may be necessary.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
This position will remain Open for 30 days. There will be a first cut-off ofFriday, May 122017and all eligible and qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager. Those applicants who apply after this date, and before the closing of the announcement, may still be considered for the position if it has not been filled.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- U.S Citizenship (Non-citizens may be appointed only if it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens).
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Completion of residency training or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. (NOTE: VA Physicians involved in academic training programs may be required to be board certified for faculty status.) Approved residencies are: (1) Those approved by the accrediting bodies for graduate medical education, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA), in the list published for the year the residency was completed, or (2) Other residencies or their equivalents which the local Professional Standards Board determines to have provided an applicant with appropriate professional training.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
- Strong mentoring skills and experience working with a multidisciplinary team.
Extensive primary care experience treating a complex patient population.
Currently active in a primary care practice.
Demonstrates?,a high level of practice using evidence based medicine principles involving patients who have complex illnesses.
Board certified in Internal Medicine with at least 3 years of Primary Care practice experience.
Physical Requirements: The Physical Requirements of this position are concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment, including working closely with others and working alone.
Please use this?, Checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information. The following documents are required:
- CV or Resume (when listing previous employment please include month and year).
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD-214 or proof of service as well as proof of disability, if applicable
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options.
The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1949326.
Note : If you applied online and your application is complete do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.