MANAGER, EXTENDED CARE SERVICES - INTEGRATED CARE
Job Number: 00119974
Job Posting: May 5, 2017, 1:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Jun 5, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:30 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:30 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: None Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
LOCATION: JOHN H. STROGER HOSPITAL - CHICAGO, IL
SHIFT: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Organizes and monitors the care of Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) patients received in post-acute facilities or by contracted vendors. Identifies appropriate facilities/vendors that meet CCHHS standards of patient care, organizes the staff to assess patient progress and continued need for care, and assures compliance with CCHHS managed care and other relevant contracts. Develops approaches to care that leverage system resources while providing efficient, effective care.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. (Official transcripts must be provided at time of interview).
- Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- A minimum of five (5) years of nursing case management experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with patients with multiple chronic illness and/or mental illness is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience in a healthcare setting is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of managed care organization experience is required.
- Two (2) years of inpatient case management experience.
- Experience providing care coordination in an inpatient setting.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable.
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER