Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 103638
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for developing HL7 interfaces in Rhapsody HL7 Integration Engine. Must be able to establish basic interface strategies and must have thorough knowledge of communication protocols including sockets and FTP. This position must also have strong knowledge of the UNIX and Microsoft Windows Environments. Analyzing, installing and configuring system interfaces in a large clinical information environment utilizing HL7 standards and the Rhapsody Interface Engine. This resource will work with clients and vendors from interface specifications through project analysis, product installation, and go-live. This position is responsible for coordination of testing for desired outcomes with the application specialist, vendors and hospital departments. Documentation is maintained related to the testing and validation efforts as well as for change management processes as specified by the Information Technology Services Department. Participates as part of project team and lending assistance in defining requirements to meet the project goals and timelines.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 3 years professional experience in IT, Business or a related field.
- General programming experience.
- UNIX Shell Programming experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network/communications protocols.
- Proficiency using Linux.
- Experience in the design, development, test and support of enterprise integration patterns and real-time messaging.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Expert-level understanding of applying technological solutions to business processes (both standard and emerging).
- Ability to create and maintain a technical strategic vision in a highly dynamic environment.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Developing HL7 and File Transfer Protocol interfaces. *
- Testing of all interfaces. *
- Documentation of interface procedures for support staff. *
- Attend all weekly change management meetings. *
- Meet with customers to determine interface requirements. *
- Participates in production management discussions with OrionHealth. *
- Participates in project meetings with customers.*
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.