Littleton Adventist Hospital is a 231-bed, full-service medical center delivering quality care and Level II emergency care for more than 25 years. Located in the Denver suburb of Littleton, CO, the hospital is surrounded by residential neighborhoods, retail, dining, Littleton’s charming “old town” area, and abundant outdoor space with trails, nature centers and golf courses. In addition to numerous awards for care excellence, we are also leading the way in health care environmental sustainability. Our associates are actively engaged in protecting the health of our environment, working tirelessly to minimize the negative environmental impacts from our operations. Our sustainable achievements have been recognized with several local and national awards, including the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award from Practice Greenhealth for three consecutive years (2014- 2016). View this shor video to learn why our associates love working here and how our mission and culture help to create fulfilling careers: https://centura-21.wistia.com/medias/e0qve9d10v
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 99261
Recruiter Contact: LindaDavis@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 6212 LAH TELEMETRY UNIT
Hospital: LITTLETON ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: (3) 12 hour shifts
Performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN partner(s). Responsibilities may include: assisting the patient with daily living tasks (i.e. hygiene, feeding, toileting, VS etc..), data collection and reporting patient condition changes, physical and mental, to the RN, coordination of floor transfers and the safe and timely transport of patients, stocking of supplies, answering phones and call lights and safety awareness. May not delegate tasks or supervise other members of the health care team.
High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer one year in an acute care setting or two years in skilled nursing facility
- Current CO Certified Nursing Assistant license
- Basic Life Support
PATIENT CARE -
- Obtains and records vital signs, reporting any deviations from normal to RN.
- Prepare patients for meals by clearing tables, assisting patients with hand washing and oral care. Assists in passing and setting up patient's tray. Assists in feeding of patients as needed. Passes water, beverages to patients.
- Assists patients in ADLs as directed by RN including but not limited to bathing, showering, shampooing, catheter care, dressing and undressing.
- Makes patient's bed.
- Responds to patients call lights promptly and notifies appropriate personnel of patient's needs.
- Assists RN with ambulation of patients.
- Collects, measures and records intake (oral) and output (ng, foley drains, colostomy). Reports to RN.
- Assists with new admissions to include orientation to room and unit, obtain VS, ht/wt, and assist patient/family to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Collects specimens as directed by RN.
- Performs other tasks as directed by RN.
- Provides quality patient care, including comfort and hygiene measures, preventative skin care, safety measures, transport, and nutritional and elimination needs in collaboration with the RN partner
CARE OF ENVIRONMENT & EQUIPMENT
- Cleans specific areas of unit as needed (nurses station, kitchen area, conference room, utility rooms, showers, etc.).
- Cleans unit equipment (IV stands, wheelchairs, utility tables, cribs, etc.). Reports any need for maintenance.
- Sorts and distributes computer printouts.
- Maintains chart with appropriate chart forms.
- Runs errands as directed.
- Assists RN in keeping nurse server stocked as needed.
- Assists in maintaining all work areas with necessary items.
DOCUMENTATION & COMMUNICATION
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patent charts and records.
- Documents vital signs, intake/outputs, glucose results in accurate, timely manner.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Anticipates needs of patient and family.
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.
- Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility
Heavy Work - (Exert up to 100lbs force occasionally, and/or 50lbs frequently, and/or 20lbs constantly)
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.