Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), an association management company, is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for two successful clients, the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) and its affiliated certifying organization, the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB).
AMSN and MSNCB are seeking a visionary leader with demonstrated management or higher level administrative experience in a work setting or nonprofit entity. The CEO will be responsible for overseeing all organizational operations and working with the Boards of Directors to establish strategic direction and fulfill the mission, vision, and goals of the organizations.
The successful candidate will have seven or more years of progressively responsible experience serving as a leader in professional associations, along with experience in strategic thinking/planning and management of strategic initiatives and programs. The candidate will possess proven leadership in some or all of the following areas: budgeting and financial management, driving organizational growth, building collaborative relationships internally and externally, managing/coaching staff for excellent service delivery, and effectively working with and developing volunteers.
The CEO will work collaboratively and advise the 9-member AMSN board and the 7-member MSNCB board. Staff management responsibilities will include 9 FTEs through two direct reports, the AMSN Director of Association Services and the MSNCB Director of Certification Services. In addition, the CEO will be responsible for the services provided by assigned staff from various AJJ functional departments (i.e., Accounting, Conference Management, Corporate Marketing, Creative Design and Production, Editorial, Education, Fulfillment, Internet, and PR/Association Marketing).
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Master’s degree in nursing, health care, business, education, or related field; Doctorate preferred
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential or commitment to obtain the CAE when eligible
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience as a leader in professional associations including experience in strategic thinking/planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Management or higher level administrative experience in work setting or nonprofit entity
- General knowledge of certification and credentialing preferred
- Financial management experience (e.g., develop and manage budgets, analyze financial reports)
- Well-developed analytical, critical, and systems thinking skills
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Effective in building and maintaining strong board-staff partnerships
- Strong skills in team-building, coaching, mentoring, and developing board, other volunteers, and staff
- Ability to travel to meet client needs (approximately 10% and may increase)
The CEO will be an employee of AJJ and assigned to function as the CEO of AMSN and MSNCB. The job requires a minimum of 37.5 hours per week with some weekend and evening work. The position is located in Pitman, NJ, approximately 30 minutes southeast of Philadelphia.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.