What if you could spend more time with your patients, pursue education and growth and count on the support of a family of talented heathcare professionals? What if you could find it all in one of America's most beautiful locations? You can! Everything you're looking for is waiting at Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado.
Here you'll find that Planetree is a part of our culture and significantly influences our model of care. Our delivery of patient-centered care strives to educate and empower patients and families while humanizing and demystifying the health care experience. It's a philosophy that influences everything we do, from making architectural design decisions to providing ‘out of the box’ amenities and individual attention to patients and families.
If you're ready to put patients first and take your career to a higher level, you'll experience excellent benefits, stability and camaraderie in a supportive and stable environment.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 101910
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 7311 LUH PHARMACY
Hospital: Longmont United Hospital
Schedule: Part Time
Assists the pharmacist in promoting an organized and functional pharmacy service. Prepares medications for dispensing and maintains records.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 1 year hospital or retail pharmacy experience as applicable (completion of an Accredited Technician training course may substitute for experience)
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Accurately and in a timely manner fills unit dose cart, floor stock, medication orders, and delivers to patient care areas to ensure availability of ordered drugs and supplies. Is knowledgeable in the use and stocking of automated medication cabinets.
- Accurately prepares I.V. admixtures, using sterile technique.
- Accurately and in a timely manner, prepares prescriptions for pharmacist review and dispensing.
- Accurately compounds specialty items.
- Pre-packages and labels bulk medications for unit dose / unit of use dispensing with computer and associated equipment.
- Checks floor stock and / or pharmacy stock for outdates, overstock, and proper storage on a monthly basis to ensure the use of high quality medications.
- Maintains cost effective inventory of bulk items, utilizing soon to expire items quickly, and decreasing overstock of inventory.
- Demonstrates technical skill level in utilizing a variety of pharmaceutical competencies including, but not limited to, calculations, aseptic technique and cytotoxic drug properties.
- Maintains patient and other records using pharmacy computers and manual systems to ensure timely and accurate patient billings and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates maintenance of adequate supplies by logging needs in Want book.
- Processes daily IV slips, assisting the administrative secretary with workload statistics.
- Alerts pharmacy director, coordinator, clinical coordinator, or pharmacist of immediate problems requiring corrective action in a timely manner.
- Screens nursing and physician inquiries and phone calls by directing to appropriate pharmacist to ensure accurate and timely communication.
- Performs special projects, including the training of new technicians and overseeing their activities, and other activities as assigned to increase and improve level of service, skill level, and productivity.
- Attains professional growth by attending or participating in a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education annually
- Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.