Provides physical therapy services. Evaluates patients, sets goals, plans programs and treats patients according to the physician's orders; maintains required records and notes; assists with directing technicians and support personnel; assumes responsibility for physical therapy charges; participates in educational programs, follows all CHRISTUS St. Michael and departmental policy and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Performs professional duties related to patient care in order to restore the patient to his/her maximum level of independence and functions according to accepted standards of ethical conduct for the physical therapist.
3. Clinical competencies in physical therapy skills and techniques are demonstrated in a manner that promotes quality patient care.
4. Participates in established inter-departmental and intra-departmental communication systems and methods to achieve departmental, hospital and corporate goals.
5. Maintains required records/documentations as specified in department policy and procedures manual.
6. Participates in maintainingimproving the effectiveness of the services provided by the physical therapy department.
7. Assumes responsibility for therapeutic equipment safety, operation and maintenance.