Wellness coordinator is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents for a designated time frame and provides care to these residents via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members.
· Coordinates move-in and orients new residents to the facility ensuring satisfactory integration into the community.
· Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
· Assist Assisted Living in completing potential new resident's initial comprehensive assessment and evaluations needed in order for them to receive admission approval in to CI IRISTUS St. Joseph Village assisted living.
· Responsible for re-evaluating resident's who go out of the community for two weeks or more to ensure that their needs can still be met by CHRISTS ST. Joseph Village as stated in the Residency Requirements for Assisted Living.
· Complete resident Service Plan as required by state regulations within 14 days of admission.
· Update resident's Service Plan annually as required by state regulations or when there is a noticeable change in condition to the residents.
· Monitor resident Service Plans, record information to determine quality of service and direct resident assistants to implement needed change.
· Monitor and maintain records reflecting resident's physical and mental condition. Report significant changes in resident's condition to his/her physician and/or family.
· Report back and implement any instructions or changes received by resident' physician to assisted living staff, primarily to resident assistants providing direct care for residents.
· Work with Qualified Medication Aide to ensure that all medication changes are properly implemented as prescribed by resident's physician.
· Oversee that medication management is properly being followed by assisted living staff and that medications records are being kept accurately by Qualified Medication Aide according to resident physician orders.
· Provide ongoing medication training to new and current staff on proper medication supervision guidelines. Ensure that departmental medication policies are being followed by both resident assistants and Qualified Medication Aide.
· Work with Qualified Medication Aide to ensure that monthly self-medication evaluations are consistently being completed and address any issues with residents who may no longer be qualified to self-medicate.
· Complete monthly medication error count report and revise monthly Medication Activity Records (MAR) prior to making them available to resident assistants for medications supervision.
· Assist Assisted Living in attaining and/or maintaining ongoing compliance with appropriate local, state, & federal regulatory and/or accrediting body standards.
· Assists Assisted Living in ensuring that the facility is prepared for inspection by regulatory agencies through regular auditing and updating of facility policies and procedures, medical records documentation, environmental standards, etc...
· Keep Vial-of-Life sheets and binders updated and available for assisted living staff to use during resident emergency situations. Ensure that residents who have chosen to be labeled as Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) have the appropriate Out of the Hospital DNR completed.
· Update resident data sheets to ensure that current physicians are properly identified as well as resident's family contact information.
· Keep records updated on residents who use outside resources such as (home health, hospice, oxygen, personal companions, etc...) and communicate with assisted living staff. Ensure information is readily available for use in case of emergencies.
· Establish and maintain constructive working relationships as well as open and effective communication with residents and their families, co-workers, referral resources, and community contacts.
· Attend, as necessary, family conferences for resolving problems identified by employees, residents, or family members.
· Facilitate and encourage family involvement with residents.
· Provide TB testing for all CHRISTUS ST. Joseph Assisted Living associates.
· Must be willing to receive phone calls during off hours regarding resident care, medical problems, and scheduling issues.
· Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
· Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations, and personnel.
· Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
· Promote CHRISTUS ST. Joseph Village in a positive way.
· Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
· Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.