OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. The newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system, which features two locations that have achieved Magnet® status. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
VICE PRESIDENT, SUPPORT SERVICES
Reporting directly to the chief operating officers of our McHenry and Huntley hospitals, the strong leader we select will carry out the general strategic direction for multiple departments throughout the system, including Plant Operations and Maintenance, Environmental Services, Construction, Guest Services, and Food/Nutritional Services. Collaborating with a broad array of individuals at various levels, this professional will exercise strong judgment in identifying and executing strategic initiatives, as well as planning, directing, monitoring, evaluating, and continually improving the operations of the departments supervised. Further responsibilities include the following:
- Fostering and maintaining an effective working relationship with CHS executives and leadership.
- Using proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the support services organization by focusing on efficiencies and exceptional patient service.
- Influencing, motivating, and leading others to meet the challenges of a highly patient-centric operational environment.
- Leading the strategy and execution of Support Services with a prioritization on service excellence and patient experience.
- Developing and implementing annual strategic plans that are consistent with those of the system.
- Collaborating with other leaders to prepare and execute the system’s long-range planning for facilities, equipment, and other capital resources.
- Driving the creation, implementation, and governance of cross-functional quality initiatives centered on ensuring optimal availability and reliability throughout the system.
- Developing relevant standards identified across support services departments.
- Championing quality initiatives based on Lean principles.
- Ensuring that appropriate entities meet all applicable standards and requirements of JCAHO and other accrediting and regulatory agencies at local, state, and federal level
- Master’s degree in healthcare or business administration or equivalent combination of education and relevant work.
- Five or more years of experience leading within a support-services setting.
- Experience running a large-scale support service facility or hospital with a significant operating budget.
- Proven ability to lead a group of managers responsible for various support services departments within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and negotiate and establish working relationships with vendors and partners critical to the success of the business.
- Extensive experience in a senior operational leadership role within a large medical group practice or medical foundation.
- Call-center management experience.
To explore career opportunities and apply online, visit centegra.org/jobs