The Fayetteville VA Medical Center is seeking to fill a position for a full-time board certified/board eligible Physician trained in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Sleep Medicine. The Fayetteville VA Medical Center promotes a collaborative atmosphere where physicians work with a dedicated team of health care professionals. As one of the largest health care systems in the nation, VA offers physicians a broad range of practice options, including general medicine and primary care, along with many specialties and sub specialties.
Responsible for the following functions:
* Interpret Polysomnography studies (PSG)
* Initial evaluation of patients with sleep disorders mostly in the outpatient setting
* Management of treatment of patients with sleep disorders
* Follow up care post treatment of patients with sleep disorders
Responsible for all functions which fall under the scope of care of Pulmonary Service. These include clinical and administrative management, either directly or through delegated authority of the following:
* Initial evaluation of patients with pulmonary disorders
* Management of treatment of patients with pulmonary disorders
* Follow up care post treatment of patients with pulmonary disorders
* Consultation with other services of patients with pulmonary disorders
* Research initiatives
* Resident supervision/education
Required knowledge Base:
* Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Sleep Medicine
* Other duties as assigned.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
*U.S. Citizenship (Non-citizens may be appointed only if it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens)
*Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine orosteopathic medicine.
*Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
*Must be board certified or eligible.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-2 PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/VAQualStds.doc
Physical Requirements: Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 3 hours); Standing (up to 3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 1 hour); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Hearing (aid permitted)
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or r?Šsum?Š. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. CV or Resume.
2. VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf ) (required).
3. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
4. If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).