VA Tennessee Valley Health Care System, Nashville Campus, Nashville, Tennessee is seeking a Part-TimeOtolaryngology Surgeon. This position is assigned to the Surgical Service, under the supervision of the Chief of Surgical Service.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Primarily responsible for providing Otalaryngology care to Veterans both clinically and surgically.
- Responsible for Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Responsible for resident supervision per VA guidelines.
- Responsible for staffing Otalaryngology clinics
- Attendance at staff meetings and participation on committees as assigned.
- Responsible for providing continuing education to nursing staff
- Responsible for performing all surgical procedures pertaining to Otalaryngology
- Responsible for timely medical records, including computer order/entry, signing and cosigning of notes
- Responsible for inpatient and outpatient Otalaryngology services
- Responsible for taking call on a rotating basis
- Supports Section Chief, Chief, Surgical Service and TVHS in obtaining Performance Measures
- Responsible for completing all VA mandatory and assigned educational trainings.
Part-Time Appointment for5 Hours Per Week - Not To Exceed 1 Years
Inorder to qualify for this position you must meet the following
Citizenship. Citizen of the United States.
Education. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
(1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
(2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
(3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
Licensure and Registration
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure. The facility Director may waive this licensure requirement if the physician is to serve in a country other than the United States and the physician has licensure in that country.
English Language Proficiency. Physicians, including residents, appointed to direct patient-care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE AS AN OTOLARYNGOLOGIST, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, PartII, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Veterans'Preference: Whenapplying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on theOccupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copyof your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to youractive duty service which shows dates of service, character of service(honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review theinformation for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. CV or Resume with copy of License. (required)
2.VA Form 10-2850- Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf)(required).
3. Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/OF306.pdf). (Highly Desired)
4. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
5. If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).