| As a Full-TimeUrologist with theSurgical Service at the Columbus Ohio VA, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:|
- Diagnosis, treatment and management of Veteransurological diseases according to standard, usual and acceptable or customary methods and techniques in an outpatient setting.
- Responsible for providing appropriate education for the patient and/or family members regarding the patient's illness and management
- Specialists and other primary care physicians are available for consultation
- Expected to cooperate with and participate in medical duties or functions related to continued education, committee participation, quality of care, peer review and improvement and with other performances improvement activities at the direction of the section chief.
Work Schedule: 8:00AM - 4:30PM (Monday - Friday)
Position Title: Staff Physician (Urology)
Bargaining Unit Position: YesBasic Requirements:
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- BLS Certification
Preferred Experience: BE/BC Urology by the American Board of Internal Medicine - Sub-Specialty: UrologyPhysical Requirements:?,Standing, walking, lifting light loads, assisting patients with positioning and transfers. Must be able to use a computer to input orders, review reports, etc. Must be able to communicate directions and patient orders.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(VA Form 10-2850c APPLICATION FOR ASSOCIATED HEALTH OCCUPATIONS)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors.
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1955139.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.