- Physician remains on site to provide advance medical care and coordinate specialty care needed during hospitalization.
- Specific duties include:
- Direct patient Care Documentation in CPRS:
- Overseeing Physician professional practice evaluations;
- Peer reviews:
- Quality improvement and system Development.
TOUR OF DUTY: 630 PM Sunday- 7:00 AMMonday-Friday, one week on, one week off. Only in an emergent situation, a day tour may required. Basic Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of an Internal Medicine residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Effective spoken communication skills that are essential for quality patient care.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Experience as ahospitalist.
- Internal Medicine board certification.
Physical Requirements:?,light lifting and carrying; reaching above the shoulder; use of fingers and both hands; walking; correctable vision and hearing; mental and emotional stability.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s), which may not be required for all applicants:
1) 10-2850, Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrist and Chiropractors http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf.
2) Cover letter
4) Other Veterans documents
6 Notice of Personnel Action, (SF-50), from your Official Personnel Folder, noting current grade, salary, position title and tenure (if current or former Federal Employee). You must also include the SF-50 noting highest grade or highest previous rate. (Current CAVHS employees only: if your current SF-50 is not available through eOPF, you may contact your HR Specialist for assistance in getting a copy. However, a copy of your current SF-50 must be submitted with your application prior to the closing date of this announcement).
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1950119.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.