Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Director of Patient Access is responsible for leading the patient access function for designated SCL Health care sites – providing a high level of operational effectiveness as well as customer service during the scheduling and registrations processes. This position is key to implementing initiatives, transforming patient access services across the care site, improving the patient experience as well as financial outcomes. This position will effectively direct patient access to meet identified key performance objectives. This position will build and maintain relationships with the care site CFO, site leadership and other collaborative partners in the organization in system and site initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Director of Patient Access to set the financial performance goals and determines plans, priorities, and work assignments to achieve them.
- Responsible to operate in a matrixed reporting relationship to the care site as well as to the SCL Health Revenue Cycle.
- Responsible for leading all patient access operations through collaboration and integration with internal and external partners.
- Directs and manages patient access department in a manner that delivers high quality registration services highly integrated with patient billing/financial services with the objective of lowering overall revenue cycle production costs.
- Manages within a framework of identified revenue cycle metrics, ensuring consistently high performance.
- Contributes to the development of the annual budget. Makes spending and resource decisions within budgetary guidelines; ensures accountability to operating and capital budget.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient access work functions and implements "best practice" changes to workflow, policies, procedures and systems as appropriate.
- Co-manages financial counseling and Medicaid eligibility services based at the care site.
- Ensures all activities are supportive of Internal Audits and Organizational Responsibility Program (ORP), Compliance, Safety, JCAHO, EMTALA and HCAHPS initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate activities related to personnel management, including interviewing, hiring, staffing and counseling.
Reporting Relationship: Direct: Senior Director of Patient Access; Indirect: Site CFO
Employees Supervised: All on-site Scheduling and Registration staff who report up through Patient Access
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history in management and/or health related field.
- CHAA and/or CHAM Certification Preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health care industry, specifically the functions of access services and patient accounts through a minimum of seven years’ experience, three of which are required in a management/supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience working with clinical staff within the hospital and operations leadership;
- Dynamic communication and leadership skills necessary to communicate to all levels of management, to effectively supervise, guide and manage employees and to establish effective working relationships with multiple levels and departments internally and externally.
- Ability to identify and work through complex problems throughout the revenue cycle and various on-site departments.
- Skilled in information systems technology throughout the revenue cycle including implementation, change control and manipulation of data.