Closing Date: 06/01/2017
Division/Unit: Minnesota Veterans Home - Fergus Falls
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $39.70 - $56.83 /hourly; $82,894 - $118,661 /annually
This State Veterans Home provides skilled nursing care for 106 residents in the Northwest Minnesota city of Fergus Falls, providing small a town and friendly environment for residents, families and staff. Residents served by the facility are Veterans and eligible family members of Veterans. Located 45 miles from Alexandria, MN the Home has a 21 bed specialized unit (Veterans Village) to care for residents with dementia. Primary nursing care model and focus is on resident centered care. Community groups from schools, churches, service groups, and local businesses are an integral part of the activity programming for the Veterans and eligible family members residing here.
Major responsibilities include working with a variety of stakeholders and constituent groups, legislators, multiple governmental entities and staff to create methods to achieve the Agency's mission and vision, within a resident driven care model in compliance with CMS, MDH and Federal VA standards.
- Five (5) years of progressively-increasing administrative and leadership responsibilities in a healthcare environment, preferably in a long term care setting
- Two (2) years of experience as a Nursing Home Administrator
- Strong working knowledge of financial management systems to direct the preparation of the annual budget and ability to analyze financial reports
- Proven project management skills with the ability to track various projects and campus development
- Strong leader who will facilitate a cohesive team that will embrace and support the Agency's strategic plan
- Training and experience in developing and sustaining high performing teams/workgroups
- Change agent committed to promote team atmosphere support for ongoing culture change and person centered care
- Energetic and driven individual who will seek out continuous improvements and best practices focused on Veterans healthcare with the ability to meet the changing needs of Veterans in a long-term care setting
- Strategic planning skills and experience
- Veteran of the United States Military
- Master's Degree or higher in related field
- Leadership experience within a union environment
- Experience in an environment that promotes person centered care
- Knowledge of VA benefits to include Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
- A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment.
- Employment reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance and contact with the applicant's former employer(s).
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 13341. Applications not submitted through the Careers site will not be accepted.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Barb Zilmer at email@example.com or 651.757.1576
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER