THIS POSTING REPRESENTS TWO POSITIONS
Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Such functions include the initiation and performance of nursing care through health promotion, supportive or restorative care, disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease, ailment, pain, injury, deformity, and physical or mental condition using specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles. CRS 12-38-103 (10).
• Evaluating health status through the collection & assessment of health data CRS 12-38-103 (10). Examines & treats patients, orders & interprets diagnostic tests & makes diagnosis.
• Collects subjective & objective data. Analyzes, reports, & records data. Uses data to identify health care problems & create plan. Prioritizes patient's needs. Triages patients either in person or via telephone & implements proper course of action.
• Conducts telephone call backs to patients requiring follow-up care.
• Evaluates emergency situations & initiates appropriate interventions.
• Practices w/in scope of practice perimeters as inferred by licensure, standard nursing practice, knowledge, skill level, sound clinical judgment, & KP guidelines.
• Accurately documents patient data, actions or interventions, responses, & plans for care/follow-up according to guidelines and/or standard nursing practice.
• Health teaching & health counseling to patients and/or their families.
• Executing delegated medical functions which deliver aspects of care that implement & are consistent w/ the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physician's delegated authority.
• Providing therapy & treatment that is supportive & restorative to life & well being either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation w/, delegation to (per Colorado State Board of Nursing rules & regulations for delegation), supervision of, or teaching others.
• Refers to medical or community agencies per Kaiser Permanente guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance.
• Review & monitor therapy & treatment patient plans. Initiate appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly.
• Facilitates the coordination & integration of care between health care services; manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources.
• Leads health care team by influence & role modeling integrated effective nursing practice, exemplary service, innovation & providing outstanding support for physician practices.
• Patient advocate.
• Maintains clinical competence through attending staff development programs, is responsible for maintaining professional certification.
• Participates in planning for the delivery of clinical service.
• Participates in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards & established criteria.
• Carries out clinical & administrative procedures that may be promulgated by the Health Plan.
• Participates in training of students.
• Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops & sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, & needs. Builds rapport & cooperative relationships w/ members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs & resolves problems.
• Participates in the peer review process of not only your own professional qualifications but those of your colleagues. Participates & cooperates w/ colleagues both other Advanced Practice Nurses & Physicians in evaluating professional qualifications.
• Collaborates w/ articulated plan physician, & follows Health Plan policy around annual chart review & discussion between APN & physician.
• Collaborates effectively w/ all members of the care team.
• The Union & the Company are currently investigating the bargaining unit status of this position. If it is determined that this is a bargaining unit position, bargaining unit status (seniority dates, dues payments, etc.) will be applied on a retroactive basis based on the employment commencement date.
• Master's degree in Nursing.
• Graduation from a NLN accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
• Graduate of a RN program that meets Colorado State Board of Nursing curriculum requirements for practice in Behavioral Health.
License, Certification, Registration
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
• Listed on the Advanced Practice Registry and in compliance with those requirements.
• BLS required within 90 days of employment and must be maintained as current.
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
• Prescriptive authority required or in progress. Must have obtained at least Provisional Prescriptive Authority (and be eligible for Mentorship in the Department).
• Full prescriptive authority must be obtained within 2 years of hire date if a newer graduate
• DEA Registration (or actively working to obtain this registration if new graduate)
• Must obtain and maintain credentialing and/or privileges both internally and externally by the affiliated hospital. Ongoing credentialing required.
• For positions in the Behavioral Health Department, education and national certification required for Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or equivalent education and certification accepted by the Colorado State Board of Nursing requirements for practice in a behavioral health setting.
Previous psychiatric nurse practitioner experience of at least 1-2 years?
Previous experience with an electronic medical record?
Full licensure in CO or other state (not provisional)?
Familiar with integrated care model
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – BC
- 1-2 years of experience in in an inpatient/ outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Setting including Medication Management
- Experience with Initial Intakes as well as follow up and surveillance to recovery
- Prefer experience with full comprehensive behavioral health setting
- Experience with an EHR
- Full Prescriptive Authority Preferred
- Not able to support a new graduate
Learn more about us. Meet our recruiters at the Colorado Hospital Association Career Event May 16th at Sports Authority Field.