The Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research (CBAR) is a large high profile research center with annual budgets totaling over $31,000,000, with 120+ Statisticians, Programmers, Research Scientists, Faculty, students, and staff. The CBAR provides statistical analysis for the world’s largest network of AIDS Clinical Researchers.
The Program Coordinator, within CBAR, performs advanced administrative analysis. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and maintaining the IT Recharge Center
- Overseeing all administrative components of appointments, visas, and the hiring process
- Preparing complex reports that require selection preparation, and interpreting of data
- Processing all data changes and salary journals
- Reviewing and maintaining audit records for payroll (monthly, semi-monthly, and weekly casual) documents.
The Program Coordinator is also responsible for the following:
- Managing and preparing the IT Recharge Center, and ensuring compliance with related policies; including tracking level of effort for all staff and making any necessary adjustments via data changes and/or salary journals
- Overseeing, coordinating, preparing, and maintaining all documents and communication for all appointments, new hires, offer letters, promotions, terminations, professional leaves of absence, short-term disability, I-9s, etc.
- Managing and maintaining supporting documentation and biosketches for grant submissions, as well as progress reports/RPPRs
- Maintaining staff CVs
- Overseeing IRB continuing review and modifications
- Responsible for maintaining several complex and detailed Excel spreadsheets
- Ensuring that standard accounting practices and University policies are followed and maintained
- Serving as the principal administrative contact for inquiries about IRB, human subjects training, absence balances, etc.
- Coordinating and processing all visa applications and renewals; maintaining CBAR visa tracking system; and providing employment authorization documentation
- Compiling weekly time sheets for CBAR supplemental accounts, incorporating monthly hours into CBAR LOE chart, and processing related salary journals
- Working on other duties, tasks, and special projects as needed