Apply today at: Director - Revenue Cycle Direct Job Listing
- Highly competitive compensation & benefits package to right candidate
- Contact Kyle Bachman at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions
Scope of Responsibility: Management oversight for Departments 8000 and 8015, including budgeting expenses and daily management operations for approximately 30 colleagues.
In support of the mission of Goshen Health Goshen Physicians (GHGP), and reporting to the VP of Goshen Health Goshen Physicians, the Director for Revenue Cycle of GHGP is accountable and responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the Coding, Compliance, day-to-day Billing, and Collection processes within GHGP.
The Director’s responsibilities include the planning, organizing and directing of colleagues within the revenue cycle of GHGP. The Director is accountable and responsible for the management and direction of assigned administrative and financial activities, as well as maintaining compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements related to billing and collections.
The Director will continually evaluate business operations and recommend changes and/or new programming to monitor and improve the performance of the billing, coding, and compliance functions.
- Acknowledges, supports and actively participates in the mission, vision and values of Goshen Health and GHGP.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data, procedures, records, forms, reports and any other sensitive information regarding patient accounts of GHGP.
- Maintains accuracy of practice management systems to include compliance with coding and billing regulations and guidelines. Assures that practice management systems are utilized to obtain maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Monitors payer reimbursements and fee schedules to assure that pricing is consistent and appropriate for maximum reimbursement.
- Continually monitors and evaluates billing practices of the network, and in collaboration with other colleagues, implements high quality coding, billing and collections processes. Insures that practices are in compliance with all pertinent local, State, and Federal billing and collections laws and regulatory requirements such as CMS, Stark, CLIA, OSHA, HIPAA, etc.
- Continuously monitors staffing levels and implements processes to ensure appropriate staffing. Assures that colleagues are skilled and competent in their particular roles within the department.
- In collaboration with other GHGP leadership, attends required meetings, (including assigned sub-committees) and Directors meetings. The Director will plan, attend and organize meetings as requested by executive leadership.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving business operations through statistical analysis of reports and other data to establish opportunities for cost reduction and growth. Provides monthly collections and accounts receivable reports to executive leadership and the GHGP Leadership as directed. Recommends changes to VP when appropriate and necessary, and implements approved changes.
- Continually monitors and evaluates business operations to insure appropriate and efficient use of physical, financial and human resources.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction, and in collaboration with Direct Reports and other leadership members, implements appropriate programming to insure high customer satisfaction.
- Directs preparation and reviews recurring and special reports. Maintains and utilizes appropriate information systems to provide accurate and timely information regarding billing, income, expenses, productivity, etc. Prepares periodic reports and analyses for Administration reflecting departmental performance and presents these reports orally and/or in writing.
- Reviews and evaluates purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment. Obtains information on supplies and equipment requested. Meets with vendors to discuss new products and approves requests within approved authorization limits.
- Directs the Performance Improvement activities to ensure compliance with medical billing standards. In collaboration with GHGP leadership, the Director will develop and oversee the review processes for business policy and procedure development.
- Maintains a current knowledge base of the pertinent healthcare industry billing and collection trends and developments by maintaining industry/professional contacts, reading professional journals and attending pertinent seminars/meetings.
- Provides leadership, vision and strategic guidance in areas of responsibility. Demonstrates superior communication skills, verbal and written and performs with strong public speaking skills.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.