VCU Health System's Legal Counsel is seeking a full time Associate-General Counsel for Payor Relations. This position is a key team member in the Office of the General Counsel reporting to and performing services under the direction of the Vice President and General Counsel for VCU Health System.
Handles a variety of complex legal projects applying subject matter knowledge and expertise.
Collaborating with various departments to review and negotiate a wide range of contracts and transactions that satisfy the organization's business objectives. Federal, state, and local statues and regulations, as well as agency requirements, affecting corporate healthcare provider operations and health plans. This includes but is not limited to requirements or processes governing insurance and managed care programs and operations, including Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS), Virginia Bureau of Insurance (VBI), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and Department of Labor ERISA (DOL) laws and regulations.
In addition, this position will provide specialized expertise, substantive legal and regulatory compliance advice and counsel in respect to a broad array of both complex and routine managed care and insurance operational and administrative matters.
- Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- A minimum of 5 years of legal work experience with a law firm or as in-house legal department preferably performing legal services for hospitals, health systems, health care delivery organizations, or integrated delivery systems.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the corporate practice of medicine.
- Experience navigating complex corporate healthcare organizations and academic medical centers.
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with provide legal advice and counsel on ACOs and shared payment, models.
- Experience with Managed care and insurance products and services, self-funded benefits, third party administration and wellness services and products.
- Highly developed analytical legal skills.
- The ability to manage effectively in a high volume environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.