The Risk Manager preserves the assets of the organization and promotes a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. This position is to provide oversight and guidance regarding risk issues and safety events, and maintain a systematic process for tracking and trending safety events.
- Bachelors degree in a clinical or allied health field, business administration, public health policy, or equivalent education and experience
- Masters degree in healthcare related field, preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in one or more of the following fields: risk management, quality improvement, case management, direct patient care, healthcare administration or management, legal support, or insurance claims investigation, and settlement
- Broad knowledge of healthcare regulations including TJC or DNV, state and federal
- RN : Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing preferred
- Ability to analyze data for risk management and patient safety improvement implication
- Excellent organizational skills for process development and coordination
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact well with all levels of staff, and motivate others
- Proven leadership skills with strengths in organizational development
- Capable of handling diverse activities in a fast paced environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent salary, including bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
- Generous work/life balance incentive
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante’s entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
If interested, please contact Victoria Manley at Victoria.Manley@asante.org
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.