Providence is calling a Practice Support Specialist to Providence Physician Services Organization in Anchorage, AK.
The Practice Support Specialist will perform administrative and clerical duties with a high degree of proficiency.
In this position you will:
- Greet patients/families, register, verify and update necessary information (including prepaid eligibility) on the system.
- Ensure scheduled visits for patients are with appropriate authorizations.
- Ensure that the patient's next appointment is scheduled (if appropriate) and referrals are coordinated (if appropriate) prior to patient leaving the office.
- Answer telephone and disburse callers in a friendly, prompt and accurate manner.
- Retrieve and disburse messages from answering service/machine and facsimile machine.
- Schedule, cancel, reschedule and confirm office visits according to office scheduling procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of scheduling and registration systems in a medical office setting.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of administrative experience in a medical office setting.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 153833