Providence is calling an oncall Psychiatric Care Technician to the Psychiatric Emergency Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Psychiatric Care Technician will be accountable to the bedside RN to facilitate a safe and secure environment for the patient, family and providers in the department.
In this position you will:
- Communicate effectively with the RN or other care providers regarding patient issues, family issues, MD issues, and equipment. Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with all staff, patients, families, providers, and visitors.
- Watch patients closely for changes in their health and psychiatric conditions and respond by informing RN immediately. Report problematic and unusual circumstances in a timely and consistent manner, to RN or other care providers.
- Provide milieu management for up to seven acutely ill psychiatric patients. Continually assess each patient for safety.
- Be responsible for searching all patients and visitors upon admission to the unit. Utilizes metal detection equipment effectively.
- Responds to Anchorage Police upon admission of patients to assist in the admission and traige of involuntary pateints.
- Assist in the patient admitting, transfer, and discharge procedure.
- Transport patients via wheelchair and stretcher.
- Prepare rooms for procedures, with required equipment and supplies stocked to appropriate levels.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or GED
- Completion of Medical Terminology course required or successful completion of hospital Medical terminology test within 90 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completed training as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- 6 months of health care experience
- 6 months of experience working with individuals who have mental health and/or substance abuse
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 154608