Providence is calling a Therapeutic Safety Monitor Technician to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Therapeutic Safety Monitor Technician to Provide continuous observation and surveillance for assigned patients. Under supervision the Video Monitoring Technician (VMT) is responsible to ensure the first line of action is to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors, summoning the assigned RN if the patient requires assistance.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate understanding and proficiency of the use of the electronic Tele-Safety Aide software.
- Maintain visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to this patient population based on the patients individualized treatment plan as delegated by the RN.
- Participate in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment.
- Provide patient with explanations as necessary, but does not counsel or provide opinions. Demonstrates behaviors in line with Service Excellence.
- Seek help or advice immediately when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Completion of Medical Terminology course or successful completion of hospital medical terminology test within 90 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Verification of completion of basic EKG cardiac rhythm recognition course within six (6) months of hire or verification of advanced cardiac rhythm recognition course.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 149821